For piece of mind we recommend that our clients consider proper export packing when shipping commercial or private cargo of a fragile nature.
At Atlas Forwarding we can provide advice on the various methods and requirements for crating and packing your cargo, and will provide a bespoke crating/packing design and construction service if required.
All packing materials are ISPM compliant and will be in line with the receiving countries packing guidelines and ISPM certificates can be presented as required.
The benefits of using correct packing for your exports includes:
- Physical protection for the goods from external factors such as weather, loading/unloading accidents etc
- Physical Stability for goods inside the crate as the items inside can be stowed and secured properly
- Extra security measures as the goods inside remain private and inaccessible
- Hazardous Goods compliant where applicable
- Easier handling for irregular / out of gauge cargo
- Lowered costs in terms of reduced freight and handling charges or re stowing charges if goods/contents need to be rebuilt for transit